How to run dedupe without getting Error 403

I’m running Cloudbox, rclone/plexdrive. About 40TB of gdrive storage of movies/tv shows.
I know I’ve got several duplicates in my gdrive, I remember seeing messages about duplicates a few weeks ago but I just ignored them. I can’t even remember where I saw the message? Now I’m keen to get rid of them. When I try to run the following command, I get error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota.

rclone dedupe --dedupe-mode newest -vv “google:Media/TV”

A wider reason why I want to get rid of the duplicates is because rclone doesn’t see some of my folders in my gdrive. I’m not sure why? I know rclone doesn’t show at least one movie, but I have so many movies/episodes I don’t know how big the problem is. It’s annoying because radarr/sonarr will start to download them again and I suspect it’s contributed to my duplicate problem. I was planning on getting rid of the duplicates first and see what happens.

Untitled

Edit: I’ve just renamed the movie from the gdrive webui and now it’s showing up in rclone/plexdrive.

You need to use your own API key(if possible) and also turn down the number of transactions as you can only do 10 per second at most.

So something along these lines.

rclone dedupe gcrypt: --fast-list  --tpslimit 5 -vv
2018/12/24 21:15:56 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.45" starting with parameters ["rclone" "dedupe" "gcrypt:" "--fast-list" "--tpslimit" "5" "-vv"]
2018/12/24 21:15:56 DEBUG : Using config file from "/data/rclone/rclone.conf"
2018/12/24 21:15:56 INFO  : Starting HTTP transaction limiter: max 5 transactions/s with burst 1
2018/12/24 21:15:56 INFO  : Encrypted drive 'gcrypt:': Looking for duplicates using interactive mode.
1 Like