How to proxy Rclone GUI over nginx?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have a headless Ubuntu 22.04 virtual private server hosted on Oracle's cloud infrastructure. I'm mainly using this server as a seed box and hence have set it up with qbittorrent-nox and rclone. Furthermore, I have the qbitorrent gui running on localhost:8080. I bought a domain name and set up a DNS A record that points to my server's public IP. I have configured nginx as reverse proxy to proxy the qbittorrent gui and this allows me to access the qbittorrent gui instance running on the server by visiting the subdomain I have set up for qbittorrent-nox. So, I want to achieve the same thing for Rclone gui as well. I have a systemd service that keeps rclone gui running in the bakground with ExecStart command set to

ExecStart=rclone rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr 127.0.0.1:5572 --rc-user <username> --rc-pass <password> --rc-web-gui-no-open-browser

but I am not able to access the GUI instance by visiting the subdomain I have set up for rclone (and yes, port 5572 is open)

Here's the nginx config I'm using for rclone:

server {
    server_name    rclone.domain.tld;
    listen         80;
    location / {
        proxy_redirect     off;
        proxy_set_header   Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header   Connection "upgrade";
        proxy_set_header   Host $host;
        proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_pass         http://127.0.0.1:5572; # rclone running port
    }
}

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.53.3-DEV

• os/arch: linux/arm64
  • go version: go1.18

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
--> No

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

You'd want to update rclone as that version is ancient.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.