How to print a list of files synced/copied?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I would like to be able to issue copy and sync commands that upon termination print a list of files that have been synced or (as the case may be) copied. Copy and sync commands do print some information about the files altered by the command (at least absent --stats-one-line) but not a list of files. Probably I overlook something.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.57.0
- os/version: linuxmint 20.2 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.11.0-41-generic (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.17.2
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

b2

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync /usr/bin/lib enc-b2:/x1/current/usr/bin/lib --fast-list --local-no-check-updated --one-file-system --skip-links --drive-chunk-size=256K --log-level=DEBUG --checkers 11 --retries=4 --timeout=2m --tpslimit=0 --tpslimit-burst 1 --transfers=32 --max-depth 30 --backup-dir=enc-b2:/x1/old/m12d12/usr/bin/lib --bwlimit=3M --log-file /tmp/rclone_test_0xv -P

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Irrelevant.

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Irrelevant?

I run:

--stats-one-line -v

and that outputs what files have been copied as they are completed.

@Animosity022

Thanks. I discover that, with the command that I posted (or at least a version of that command wherein the log-level is set to DEBUG) I do get a list of files, but only in the log, not printed.

As to `-v',

rclone sync /usr/bin/lib enc-b2:/x1/current/usr/bin/lib --fast-list --local-no-check-updated --one-file-system --skip-links --drive-chunk-size=256K --checkers 11 --retries=4 --timeout=2m --tpslimit=0 --tpslimit-burst 1 --transfers=32 --max-depth 30 --backup-dir=enc-b2:/x1/old/m12d12/usr/bin/lib --bwlimit=3M --log-file /tmp/rclone_test_VrG -P --stats=0 --stats-one-line -v

again, the log shows changed files (and also unchanged files, which I don't want to hear about) but stdout does not.

So, I can refine my question. How to get a list of modified files, at command completion and to stdout, and when using --stats-one-line, when there is a log file? Actually, I think I want that list to go both to a log file and to stdout. Still, just having the list go to the log is something; I am moderately happy, just having that.

I don't think you can as that's just isn't how it works to my knowledge.

A log file will take the stdout and drop it into the log file.

I've seen a few feature requests for a summary but I don't think it exists yet.

Here is the one issue:

bisync: print summary of operations · Issue #5688 · rclone/rclone (github.com)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.