How to merge folders from different local drives into one remote

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I need help figuring out how to make a remote that combines the folders E:\Archive, F:\Archive, and W:\Archive.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.61.0

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.22621.1344 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.19.4
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

local

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

or

depending on how you want to use it

hi,
if you want to combine local folders on windows, can do something like this, without using rclone

mklink /j d:\mpoint\bArchive b:\Archive
mklink /j d:\mpoint\cArchive c:\Archive
mklink /j d:\mpoint\dArchive d:\Archive

dir c:\Archive /b
c.txt

dir b:\Archive /b
b.txt

dir d:\Archive /b
d.txt
d:\mpoint>dir /b /s
d:\mpoint\bArchive
d:\mpoint\cArchive
d:\mpoint\dArchive
d:\mpoint\bArchive\b.txt
d:\mpoint\cArchive\c.txt
d:\mpoint\dArchive\d.txt

What I'm looking for is I guess more suited for a union? I want to have 3 folders on different drives all combined into one folder without having to resort to subfolders and symlimks. Best way to explain it would probably be how vfs works in mount, where files from multiple places show up as one cohesive directory with rclone handling redirecting reads to the real location of the file. Writes would go to whatever drive happened to have room, automatically switching to a different drive if there isn't room on the first choice and completely failing if none of them have room to completely store the file

I hope I'm not being too verbose or that my explanation isn't confusing

Not sure if it's available for Windows, but I do this with Mergerfs on Linux Mint

From a cursory glance, it doesn't seem to be on Windows. I have wsl enabled and already set up but that would drastically complicate things I think, would rather stick to native stuff if possible. Thanks for the option though

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.