How to I clean cache folder

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I do I properly clean my cache folder?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

Last time I had a 100+GB cache folder that was taking up alot of space. I deleted the files in the cache folder thinking it wasn't important and ended deleting some files on the Google Drive as well. How do I properly clean the cache folder. Also is purging the term I'm looking for, or am I thinking about something else

I saw this post but don't quite understand and I'm very worried about deleting files form the cloud

• that post you shared only applies to the cache remote, which is not recommend.
    are you using that?

There is nothing to do to clean the cache folder as it's all handled by rclone.

The common mistakes people make is that putting it to say 10GB and they have 50GB of files in use and are confused why it's not 10GB. There is no magic in terms of making space as the size would clean down to the max size with the exception of what files are in use.

If you have a 100GB file and a max cache size of 10GB, the cache area will be 100GB.

yea this happened to me. Was confused and thought the max cache size wasn't funtioning

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.