How to handle "non-error" errors?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

we sync quite a huge directory tree to b2 every night. while syncing, files in the tree may change. this results in errors like these:

2022/03/02 08:55:30 ERROR : Attempt 2/2 failed with 4 errors and: march failed with 3 error(s): first error: directory not found

which are perfectly fine but will send a fail to healthchecks.io

I wonder how to handle these non-errors so that we don't have to live with the false positives? any ideas?

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

b2/local

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

--modify-window 3600s --checkers 60 --transfers 40 --retries 1 --max-depth 4 -v

hello and welcome to the forum,

in my case,
after rclone runs, my script scans the log file, filters out some stuff and emails the result to me.

that same concept could work for you.

so you read an email about your rclone sync every day? :wink:

has rclone different error levels for different errors? this way I could write a wrapper.

what happens is that the script runs rclone, 7zip, fastcopy, VSS and veeam.
for each run for each server, the script checks for exit codes, scans all the logs, looks for issues and then sends me a summary, with each log as an attachment.
the subject line let's me know if there is an issue and then i can check the logs.

so in your case, i would use a regex to filter out that text.
^\d\d\d\d/\d\d/\d\d \d\d:\d\d:\d\d ERROR : Attempt 2/2

in the past, i also wrote a post similar to yours, about non-error errors.
in the end, nothing changed, so just scripted around it.

1 Like

The bulletproof way of dealing with this is to use a snapshot of the file system (eg LVM snapshot or Windows shadow copy).

Strictly speaking the sync failed... so it is difficult for rclone to filter these out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.