How to get -P and history on the screen and the log file simultaneously

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I would like to be able to get rclone to log a history to a file but also to show this same history along with the current progress on the screen at the same time.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.0-DEV

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Linux, Android

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

pCloud

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync /path remote:/path -P 2>&1 | tee "/home/oem/Logs/rclone/teeTest.log"

Using the above command, definitely doesn't do what I want, it scrolls (rather than updates) the progress indicator every second in both the log and the screen.

Basically I would like the output of:

rclone sync /path remote:/path -P 2>&1

mirrored to the log file as well with the same format. The progress in updated in place at the bottom on the screen, as a file is completed it is logged above the progress indicator scrolling up the screen. Is something like this possible?

• If I add the --log-file option it redirects the history part of the display to the log file.
  • If I add the tee redirect it messes up the -P on the screen.
  • If I remove the -P I lost all the current status indication.

Is my 2>&1 redirect command wrong? I followed the thread here:

Is rclone capable of doing this without using the redirection? I am able to do accomplish something like this with rcyns and I would like to do it with rclone as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.