How to diagnose my crypt mount (no files appearing)

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

When running my mount, no files are appearing where I have my rclone crypt mounted (.gdrive). However, if I run rclone ls commands, I can see all the files properly (including decrypted). I'm just messing up somewhere to get the folder properly mounted, and I can't figure it out.

For background, I set up my original server years ago and it has worked flawlessly. I'm tired of paying for it, so I built one at home, and I'm trying to get it working. I borrowed my rclone config since I did not have the original passwords I used for the encryption.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

cliff@pve:~$ rclone version
rclone v1.61.1

  • os/version: debian 11.6 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.15.85-1-pve (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.19.4
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Description=Gdrive Service

ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount crypt: /home/cliff/.gdrive \
# This is for allowing users other than the user running rclone access to the mount
--allow-other \
# Google Drive is a polling remote so this value can be set very high and any changes are detected via polling.
--dir-cache-time 5000h \
# Log file location
--log-file /home/cliff/.config/rclone/rclone.log \
# Set the log level
--log-level NOTICE \
# I reduce the poll interval down to 10 seconds as this makes changes appear fast the API quotas per day are huge
--poll-interval 10s \
# This is setting the file permission on the mount to user and group have the same access and other can read
--umask 002 \
# Please set this to your own value below
--user-agent cliff \
# This sets up the remote control daemon so you can issue rc commands locally
--rc \
# This is the default port it runs on
--rc-addr :5572 \
# no-auth is used as no one else uses my server and it is not a shared seedbox
--rc-no-auth \
# The local disk used for caching
--cache-dir=/home/cliff/.cache \
# My quota per user / per 100 seconds is 20,000 requests. This can be found in your quota section.
# This changes the sleep calls to something much lower to take advantage of the API boost.
# change the min sleep from 100ms
--drive-pacer-min-sleep 10ms \
# Changing to have the ability to burst higher
--drive-pacer-burst 200 \
# This is used for caching files to local disk for streaming
--vfs-cache-mode full \
# This limits the cache size to the value below
--vfs-cache-max-size 250G \
# This limits the age in the cache if the size is reached and it removes the oldest files first
--vfs-cache-max-age 5000h \
# The polling interval for increased based on there is enough buffer space
--vfs-cache-poll-interval 5m \
# This sets a per file bandwidth control and I limit this to a little bigger than my largest bitrate I'd want to play
--bwlimit-file 32M
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /home/cliff/.gdrive
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --url _async=true


The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

type = drive
client_id =
client_secret = removed
scope = drive
root_folder_id = removed
token = removed

type = crypt
remote = gdrive:media
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = removed
password2 = removed

A log from the command with the -vv flag

I have no recent errors in my rclone.log, but I ran these commands that I found from another post on here:

cliff@pve:~$ rclone lsd crypt: -vv
2023/03/14 12:43:25 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.61.1" starting with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "crypt:" "-vv"]
2023/03/14 12:43:25 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "crypt:"
2023/03/14 12:43:25 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/cliff/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2023/03/14 12:43:25 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "gdrive:media"
          -1 2021-03-12 15:55:03        -1 Movies
          -1 2021-03-12 15:57:31        -1 TVShows
2023/03/14 12:43:25 DEBUG : 4 go routines active
cliff@pve:~$ rclone lsd gdrive:
          -1 2021-03-12 16:00:05        -1 elwKY7lQ3Kh20TMOC6erhUNr
          -1 2021-03-08 14:58:54        -1 media
cliff@pve:~$ rclone lsd crypt:
          -1 2021-03-12 15:55:03        -1 Movies
          -1 2021-03-12 15:57:31        -1 TVShows
cliff@pve:~$ ls .gdrive

hi, as a test, i would try to run a very simple command from the terminal, as few flags as possible.

and can you post the top 30 lines of a debug log.

Sorry to waste your time. A simple reboot of my server worked, something I should have tried before posting here and wasting countless hours.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.