How to auto refresh access token on dropbox?

Hi:
I am using rclone with my business account in dropbox in headless server.
I authorize rclone and link it to dropbox using my local PC .
I successfully finish connection and submit the access code in my headless machine.
The problem is:
I start copying my files over night and in the morning i found that copy is stop due to end of access token life span, so i have to regenerate the access token again.
The life span for access token is 4 hours, and it is very hard to keep updating the access token using the above method.
I use following command:
rclone -v --drive-chunk-size 64M --fast-list --dropbox-impersonate mymail@yahoo.com copy ~/home/file.zip dropbox:/working_directory

My rclone version is:

rclone v1.53.1

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15

My Box version
Ubuntu 18.04 64bit
Which cloud storage system are you using?
Dropbox
My rclone config is:
[dropbox]
type = dropbox
client_id = XXX
client_secret = XXX
impersonate = mymail@yahoo.com
token = {"access_token":"XXX","token_type":"bearer","expiry":"2020-10-24T13:42:31.0850236+02:00"}

Any solution in rclone for this issue?
Thanks.

When you first posted, there was a super template that contains all the needed information that folks put a lot of time writing and explaining how the best way to get help is.

If you include all that information, it is super helpful in answering your question with some detail as we have everything we need to help you.

rclone renews tokens automatically and there is nothing needed to configure or setup once you authorize.

Sorry for incomplete infos, OP updated.

It doesn't auto regenerate access token in my situation.

You'd want to mask any out any passwords/emails/etc.

You'd need to include a debug log of the issue as well.

The above personal infos is edited on posting.
The log file is unfortunately not found on the server i use.

You can use -vv and --log-file rclone.log (whatever you want to call it) and reproduce the issue and post the log.

Fixed.
The issue in my own app config.
the Access token expiration should be set to No expiration instead of short-lived .
Thank you for trying to help.

1 Like

Sure, that error shows up in the debug log too which is why we ask for it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.