How to access gui remotely?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have an windows rdp with its port 5572 open to public and rclone gui running at publicip:5572 and i want to access my rclone gui on my own pc remotely so that i can copy big files etc from anywhere . I tried following official guide to serve gui publically but could not understand the part about httpaswd files and ssl files flags. i am very new to rclone sorry if this is a dumb question

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

latest version

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone rcd --rc-web-gui

hi,

sorry, not understanding your setup?
rdp uses port 3389 and should never be accessible over the internet.

i think you mean that you want to have rclone rcd on port 5572, exposed to the entire internet, is that correct?

FWIW, no computer, especially windows, should ever be directly accessible over the internet.

should use some sort of encrypted tunnel
--- vpn into that location
--- point to point encrypted tunnel such as tailscale - which uses wireguard.

thanks for the tip brother . Actually it was a firewall rule that did not allow me to connect to webui remotely , its a aws ec2 instance which is used by me temporarily currently so i exposed it in process of trying to fix the remote accessing webui issue and i will delete it today as its unsafe . Anyway thanks for your response have a great day

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.