How share rclone.conf to someone but with their account credentials

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

How can I share my rclone.conf to someone so they have access to the same google drive folders but rclone should access it through their google account instead of mine. We both have access to the same folder

I believe I want rclone to setup the "token" part of the configuration on their first start of rclone for their google account instead of mine. Or for a way to set it up and then copy paste the token into the configuration.

They think it's too tedious to set all of it up manually so I've resorted to doing this instead (copying my rclone.conf)

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.57.0
- os/version: arch "rolling" (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.16.12-arch1-1 (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.17.5
- go/linking: dynamic
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

n/a

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[sharedrive]
type = drive
client_id = redacted.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = redacted
scope = drive
token = redacted
team_drive = #AF##wxOXXXXvUk#PVA
root_folder_id = 

[sharecrypt]
type = crypt
remote = sharedrive:crypt/
password = redacted
password2 = redacted

A log from the command with the -vv flag

n/a?

I don't think it is possible unless you run through the oauth process with their credentials.

Hi 71wbjnd5,

Here are my (untested) thoughts for your inspiration:

I would share the config creation commands instead of rclone.conf, then rclone will ask for the user credentials when executed, that is something like this:

rclone config create sharedrive drive client_id="redacted.apps.googleusercontent.com" client_secret="redacted" scope=drive team_drive="#AF##wxOXXXXvUk#PVA" root_folder_id=""
rclone config create sharecrypt crypt remote="sharedrive:crypt/" password="redacted" password2="redacted"

More information here:
https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_config_create/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.