How is BOX.com with plex?

Due to the new changes happening with Dropbox, I've been thinking to move my data to Box.com, but I was wondering if the API and file size limit work well with rclone mount with Plex. What about upload speeds during the migration? Can anyone who uses Box provide feedback on their service?

thanks in advance

Right now I'm getting approx. 100 MBps upload in a dropbox -> box migration.

About the same for a direct upload also.

Have you tried to use it with plex?

Made several tests, for me (EU central) it's about 20-30% slower in Access time

Do you mean loading time etc. In plex?

With or without chunker?

Yes, playback time in Plex. With 4gb chunks. Considerable slower is the time for accessing the file (time between pressing play and actual starting). As far as I remember it's comparable to Google drive. But I think this heavily depends on many factors (location, server,...)

Google drive is my choice right now, but forced to switch. So compareable to Google is okay for me.

Tested dropbox and wow that was fast (compared to Google)

Have you tested speeds without Chunck? Maybe chunck has a bad performance impact?

Make sure you use encryption... or you'll be wasting your time :wink:

1 Like

does box.com really support unlimited storage? Dropbox sucks with the new limitations of 1 TB per month and I am also thinking to move my content to box. But I don't want to run in the same problem that I have to request every week / month for additional space ... Is there API limitation with box.com?

Excellent - the seeking in Mount works great in plex

rclone mount box: /box --allow-other --vfs-cache-mode minimal --file-perms 0777 --dir-perms 0777

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.