How feasible is Proton Drive support?

Today, Proton Drive released a Windows desktop client. There's also an opensourced Android client. Given that official opensource clients exist that talk to an API, how feasible would it be to add Proton Drive support to rclone?

If you implement it, find somebody to do this for you or sponsor it.

There are 70 new backend requests pending:) some many years old. Proton Drive is among them already:

But there is good news:)

Somebody is actually working on it:

2 Likes

this is so lovely! Can we pay a small amount of money to support this implementation?

It has been already merged and is aimed to be released in v1.64. You can try it now by running the latest rclone beta version

You can always do this to help this project going:)

welcome to the forum,

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place for this.

I downloaded the current beta and tried the new proton backend.

Most files sync fine from the local HDD but I get a lot of errors, mainly these 2:

31 15:57:27.129406 ERROR RESTY 422: Datei oder Ordner mit diesem Namen existiert bereits. (Code=2500, Status=422), Attempt 1
2023/08/31 15:57:29 ERROR : _BB/US02/IMG_20230308_2_5.jpg: Failed to copy: a draft exist - usually this means a file is being uploaded at another client, or, there was a failed upload attempt

the destination was empty and I waited until rclone finshed. The summary was:

2023/08/31 15:58:02 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 36 errors and: a draft exist - usually this means a file is being uploaded at another client, or, there was a failed upload attempt
2023/08/31 15:58:02 Failed to copy with 36 errors: last error was: a draft exist - usually this means a file is being uploaded at another client, or, there was a failed upload attempt

The files where these errors were thrown, were in deed NOT synced.

I'm not sure what is going on here.

It is still work in progress - read all proton PRs - Pull requests · rclone/rclone · GitHub - maybe answer or clues are there.

You could also try to contact the author on github:

Beta testing can be actually valuable help in fixing all bugs before release.

The protondrive backend author has been busy but we hope to get it nailed down for the release.

I'll send them this link!

i am not getting errors when syncing from local to pdrive.
might want to start a new topic and answer all the questions.
or
post the output of:
--- rclone version
--- redacted config
--- full debug log using -vv --dump=headers

Hey @gmnts,

Can you please try the configuration mentioned here (https://github.com/rclone/rclone/issues/6072#issuecomment-1691347623) and let me know if it works? Thank you!

I will be making a change in the error message so it's easier to understand!

@asdffdsa @henrybear327 thanks for your replies

I have appended my findings to the GH Issue, as I think that's a better place for this. Tell me if I should rather post here or open a new topic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.