How do I enable O_TRUNC

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I want to move files from my WD Cloud NAS drive to the Google Drive

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3
  • os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 64 Bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount GoogleDrive: U: --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --cache-dir "D:\Tools For Games\Mount Google Drives\Rclone\Cache Folder" --vfs-cache-mode full

I'm trying to move a large 300GB file from my WD Cloud NAS to Google Drive. I was using this command

rclone mount GoogleDrive: U: --vfs-cache-max-size 10G --cache-dir "D:\Tools For Games\Mount Google Drives\Rclone\Cache Folder" --vfs-cache-mode full

When I got error as my cache folder was full even though I set the max cache size to 10GB the cache folder was 200GB+. I'm thing about using --vfs-cache-mode minimal or --vfs-cache-mode off but it says it needs O_TRUNC enable. How do I do it? Is switching the cache mode the right approach to solve this problem?

There's no magic in rclone to create space from nothing.

If you need to move a 300GB file, you need 300GB in cache to move it regardless of what you set the max cache size to.

It's much, much easier to copy directly to a remote rather than copying to a mount as you don't need a spot to store the file in and it copies directly to the mount.

What is the difference between remote and mount? I thought they were the same term?

You mount a remote.

felix@gemini:~$ rclone copy /etc/hosts GD:
felix@gemini:~$ rclone lsl GD:hosts
      225 2020-12-14 08:10:26.427000000 hosts

That's a copy directly to a remote.

I have a mounted remote and I'm copying to the mount like any normal file system operation in Linux:

felix@gemini:/GD$ cp /etc/hosts /GD/test
felix@gemini:/GD$ ls -al /GD/test
-rw-rw-r-- 1 felix felix 225 Dec 26 07:57 /GD/test

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.