How do I back up a public Mediafire folder?

In short: a fellow crowdfunded a little money some years ago, and bought mediafire storage for our community to share flashcard decks for language learning. We're no longer in touch, and his blog has lapsed, so I'm trying to back up the entire folder before roughly 0.5TB of user contributions vanish.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I've got a remote successfully set up as a destination, but I haven't a clue how to designate this public mediafire folder as the source to copy/sync from. I'm sure the answer is dirt simple, I just can't find it. The best I could think to try was configuring a webdav remote and leaving most of the fields blank, since an old thread suggested mediafire might be compatible with that. Alas...

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.59.2

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 1909 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.18363.1500 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.18.6
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Mediafire is the issue.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

copy / sync

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Options:
- type: webdav
- url: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p17g5uk4phb41
- vendor: other

A log from the command with the -vv flag

[  ] rclone>rclone -vv lsd test:
2022/09/19 17:27:03 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.59.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "lsd" "test:"]
2022/09/19 17:27:03 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "test:"
2022/09/19 17:27:03 DEBUG : Using config file from "[ 
 ] \\rclone\\rclone.conf"
2022/09/19 17:27:03 DEBUG : found headers:
2022/09/19 17:27:04 ERROR : : error listing: couldn't list files: XML syntax error on line 30: expected attribute name in element
2022/09/19 17:27:04 DEBUG : 3 go routines active
2022/09/19 17:27:04 Failed to lsd with 2 errors: last error was: couldn't list files: XML syntax error on line 30: expected attribute name in element

Please let me in on what I'm missing. Thanks!

hello and welcome to the forum,

if mediafire supports webdav or other internet protocols, then that would be documented at their website, and i could not find that.

mediafire website might have an option, to use bulk download or to use their app.
or
https://github.com/search?q=mediafire

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.