How can I keep the Google Drive eToken valid without leaving the Google account open in the browser?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

It's actually not a problem with rclone. It is a security issue. If on a computer I use an etoken from an account of the type myemail@gmail.com, how can I ensure that the account with the credentials is not available in the Google Chrome browser?
If I close the session on Google Chrome, rclone asks me to do a "rclone config reconnect" and then the account is open again in the browser

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.63.1

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.22000.2538 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.6
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

Not sure I'm following. If you used a browser, it's an oAuth process and it's a one time thing.

If you want to log out after you get a token, hit log out in the browser or clear your cache or don't remember the login.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I am using Google Application Client ID to connect rclone with Google Drive but it still asks me to verify the identity by opening the browser.
Maybe that's the problem and I'm doing something wrong.

Yeah, no idea what you are doing.

Client ID/secret have nothing to do with the oAuth for logging in. The client ID and secret are used for the API.

Setting up the account is generally a one time process, you follow the directions, login via oAuth and that's it. You can log out, close the browser, etc.

Thank you very much, I will review the procedure I am doing then, thank you.

Update:
This is the reason why I'm using my own client ID

"It is strongly recommended to use your own client ID as the default rclone ID is heavily used."

But as I understand it, I still have to enter my Google credentials in the step:

Use web browser to automatically authenticate rclone with remote?
 * Say Y if the machine running rclone has a web browser you can use
 * Say N if running rclone on a (remote) machine without web browser access
If not sure try Y. If Y failed, try N.

Is this right?