Hide the size of the mounted file system

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

How to hide the size of the mounted file system.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.55.1

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 7, 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

AWS S3

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount

Documentation for rclone mount says:

The size of the mounted file system will be set according to information retrieved from the remote, the same as returned by the rclone about command. Remotes with unlimited storage may report the used size only, then an additional 1PB of free space is assumed. If the remote does not support the about feature at all, then 1PB is set as both the total and the free size.

Is there any method we can use to hide the size? I mean the size information disappears (do not show on the GUI at all).

If the size information can not be obtained, I think do not show it might be a better user experience.

1 Like

hello,

rclone mount has to emulate a local file system
as with any local file system, the operating system and applications need to know how much free space is available for file operations.

Yes, considered with functionality, this is needed.
But for GUI, can we hide this information if we can not obtain its size correctly?

By observing the TntDrive, it seems "hide" the size information for the drive by default.
I guess this might be related to WinFsp which controls these properties with drive.

You want to upvote

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.