Help me out with rclone and plex (cache workers)

Hi,

I got rclone cache working on my Kimsufi vps server thanks to the help provided by one usual user of this forum and redddit. This is the rclonfig cache remote I have:

[gdrive-unencrypted-cache]
type = cache
remote = gdrive-unencrypted
plex_url = http://localhost:31400
plex_username = mymail@email.com
plex_password = ----passwordhere----
chunk_size = 10M
info_age = 168h
chunk_total_size = 64G
plex_token = ----tokenhere----

And this is the command to mount the rclone cache:

rclone mount --allow-other -vvv --dir-cache-time=168h --log-file=/home/tito/rclone-cache.log --cache-db-path=/home/tito/rclone_cache --cache-tmp-upload-path=/home/tito/rclone_tmp_upload --cache-tmp-wait-time=15m --attr-timeout=1s --rc --cache-info-age=168h --vfs-cache-mode writes gdrive-unencrypted-cache: /mnt/gdrivenoenc

I’m not using the option --cache-workers because I don’t know what would be the right value for me.

I have a Kimsufi VPS (KS-3, Intel Atom N2800, 2c/4t, 1.86GHz, 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz, 2TB disk space) and the maxmium number of direct plays that will happen simultaneously would be 3 (but most of the time it wil be just 1).

Can anyone give me an idea of what would be the best value to use?

Thank you in advance

Normally hitting more the 5 or so per second can lead to rate limiting on your GD as the normal user generated API quotas are:

I’d probably leave it at the default or maybe bump to 5, but not much more than that imo.

Thanks for yuor reply. Currently I don’t even have the --cache-workers parameter on my command. Is that the equivalent to having the parameter with the default value?

Yep so you are effectively using 4 atm.

Thank you, so I’ll keep it that way and only change it if I’m sure a different value would make something better :slight_smile: