Having Install Issues - Linux Noob

I was hoping you guys could help me with my rclone install on my seedbox since the support staff are insanely impatient and disrespectful since i have no clue what im doing...

When i run the below command i get user not found in sudoers file...

curl https://rclone.org/install.sh | sudo bash

Hoping you guys can help direct me. If i require root access then hopefull they can provide me with it.

Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8.11 (jessie)
Release: 8.11
Codename: jessie

Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 8
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
Thread(s) per core: 2
Core(s) per socket: 4
Socket(s): 1
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 26
Model name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5520 @ 2.27GHz
Stepping: 5
CPU MHz: 2268.000
CPU max MHz: 2268.0000
CPU min MHz: 1600.0000
BogoMIPS: 4533.48
Virtualization: VT-x
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 256K
L3 cache: 8192K
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-7

if you want a seedbox with good tech support, root access, rclone mount, then PM me.
tho if you have no clue what you are doing, no seedbox tech support will help you.
perhaps use a windows seedbox, we have a rcloner that does that, we can ask him for advice.

note that
--- rclone does not require root.
--- rclone is a portable app, no need to install.

so download the .zip file from the rclone download page onto the seedbox and run it that way.

Yeah im gonna end up leaving them at this rate... Finding windows seedeboxes had been hard and most of them are just VPS that are very pricey. But again ive only been doing this for a month...

My seedbox has web gui that i can drop files into and download from. Great idea on that .zip file.
I can just load it into the desired folder and then extract it via command line right?
Then as i did in the past in windows use linux version of "cd" to get into that rclone location directory and then create my remotes?

Last question. I also have a .config folder from my previous Windows VM. Can i simply copy the contents into the new .config folder that is created?

not a linux expert.

the default location for rclone executable is /usr/bin
you might need to chmod +x that file, so it can be executed.

the default location for the config file is /home/username/.config/rclone
the config file is a portable file, any version of rclone on any cpu architecture can use it as is.

if you have permission problems, then create a rclone folder under home, and use that for both files.

Thanks bro i finally got it.

I found a help guide somewhere online and created sbin folder. Uploaded my zip to that then used cd to get to that directory and unzip it.

.config was exactly where u said it was and i uploaded my config to that.

Now I'm running rclone copy and its copying all of my files to gdrive. Thank you sir!

And "expletitive" pulsed media lol.

you are welcome dude.

which plan do you have?

I have the M10G S plan.

the reason i asked, is they claim to have already install rclone
https://pulsedmedia.com/seedbox-all-features.php

That's why i was so mad with them and pointed out that according to their website rclone should already be installed. If this was the case the guy would've said hey dummy check this folder...

But water under the bridge at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.