Having a hard time understanding the propper use of cache

I have rclone on a dedicated server. I have configured a drive called Media and a cache called gcache

Current remotes:

Name Type
==== ====
Media drive
gcache cache

[Media]
type = drive
client_id = xxxxxxx
client_secret = xxxxxxx
scope = drive
root_folder_id = 11Jx0G7TDpXpskk59pcMgJGIjJw5d1oPC
token = xxxxxxxxx

[gcache]
type = cache
remote = Media:home/xxxxxxxx/mnt/media
plex_url = http://xxxxxxx:32400
plex_username = xxxxxxx
plex_password = xxxxxxx
chunk_size = 10M
info_age = 1d
chunk_total_size = 10G

home/xxxxxxxx/mnt/media is the mount point of Media
home/xxxxxxxx/mnt/gmedia is the mountpoint of gcache

I assume I need to mount both Media and gcache. However when I do gcache is empty, and if I attempt to run
rclone lsd gcache:
I get an error

ERROR : /home/xxxxxx/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db: Error opening storage cache. Is there another rclone running on the same remote? failed to open a cache connection to "/home/xxxxxxxxxx/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db": timeout

If I unmount gcache and run the same command I get the dir contents of Media listed.

So, my question is do I need to mount both, only Media or only gcache? And what is the proper syntax needed to mount it/them

This doesn't look right. Are you files in a directory called home/xxx/mnt/media on Google Drive? Perhaps you must meant Media: here?

They are in a folder on Google drive called Media like this

My Drive
--Media
------Movies
------TV

and the mountpoint on the local machine is /home/xxxx/mnt/media. Now that you point it out, the way I have it in my config makes no sense. I didnt put it as remote = Media: because the guide said not recommended, but it makes sense as I want to cache that entire "drive"

I "Think" I might have figured it out. I changed the remote = to Media:

Running rclone lsd gcache: was still giving me an error
failed to open a cache connection to "/home/xxxxxxxxxx/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db": timeout

I renamed gcache.db to gcache.db.bak and ran the command again and got a listing of the files in Media

Great - sounds like you've got it sorted :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.