Looking for any guidance, success stories / failure stories / recipes for using RClone to sync to a large folder of hundreds of thousands of 4-10mb files over a slow (think 2G) flaky (regularly drops out every 30-40 minutes) connection.
- Does RClone handle dropped connections gracefully?
- Should I restart via cron every 15 minutes?
- What connection settings are recommended for number of threads / checkers?
- Can RClone handle starting the transfer, then recognizing when more files are added to the local directory? (or will it need to be run again?)
- Would speed be helped (or hurt) by keeping all files in one directory, or in sub-directories (new files will generally only be added to newer sub-directories, ie after a few months, older sub-directories will no longer get new files…)