GoogleAPI: Error 403: The download quota. Strange Act

Hey so yesterday i got the google API error "googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded"

After that, I checked the console and was told that "Daily quotas reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT).". So I went to the bed as in the morning everything needed to be fine.

In the morning nothing happened, i went to the log and saw this:

2021/05/31 13:21:13 DEBUG : Other/: Lookup: name=".grab"
2021/05/31 13:21:13 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota. You may consider re-evaluating expected per-user traffic to the API and adjust project quota limits accordingly. You may monitor aggregate quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: ......, userRateLimitExceeded)
2021/05/31 13:21:13 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 2.901187223s
2021/05/31 13:21:13 DEBUG : pacer: Reducing sleep to 0s

2021/05/31 13:23:04 INFO  : Sports/NBA/NBA-2021.05.29_Bucks@Heat_gm-3_720pier.mkv: vfs cache: downloader: error count now 1: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded
2021/05/31 13:23:04 ERROR : Sports/NBA/NBA-2021.05.29_Bucks@Heat_gm-3_720pier.mkv: vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded

Yeye, I understand that it hit the limit, but how if nothing was running and the quota should be reset as time passed?

Checked the console and google tells me that everything is fine

rclone v1.55.1

OS Linux x64 (Debian 10)

The quotas for download are not published so it's really tough to tell what causes it at times.

The messages for actual API items are shown in the quota screen you are sharing. Those are quite high and you just got told 403 "slow down" if you hit those and you really won't ever hit 1 billion in a day..

The 403 download or upload errors are not related to those and more related to size (750GB per day upload that is documented) and many downloads that are not documented.

If you hit a download quota, it could be overall or something per file. There isn't anything to do other than wait until it resets.

Interesting thing, that if i run file directly from google drive app(via browser) everything is playing well, maybe then quota is not used?

The web page has nothing to do with the API usage.

Yeah, forgot about that.

Like a year ago i was testing when you have several acc connected to a single google drive and you switch between them (the config too, using different OAuth credentials) the limit was connected with the user, now it seems does not work like that? They've attached a limit to the drive tho?

It’s not documented so it’s really just guessing but it does seem that way.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.