Clarification re: creating a service account for use with Google Drive.
rclone v1.53.3 os/arch: linux/arm go version: go1.15.5
os/arch: linux/arm DietPi v6.34.3 RPi 2 Model B (armv71)
In the Service Account Support section of the rclone documentation (link here), step 1 is pretty clear on how to create a service account for my domain. No issues at all.
Step 2 seems vague, and I feel that the instructions were meant for a previous version (before the Google product offering was updated). Here's what I did:
- I'm logged into the admin console, and I click the "Security" icon.
- After clicking "Security," I don't see any mention of "advanced settings," but I do see "API controls."
- After clicking "API controls," I click on "Manage Third-Party App Access," then add the Unique ID for the service account, and set it as "Trusted".
- Once I've saved and exited "Manage Third-Party App Access," I return to the API controls page, and click on "Manage Domain Wide Delegation."
- In that area, I click "Add new," and add the Client ID for the service account.
- For the "OAuth scopes" section, I add
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, then click Authorize.
Can someone confirm if what I listed above in steps 1-6 correct?