I just started using Google Drive w/ Rclone, and I keep having to recreate the token for rclone config for all my servers. It seems like it is only lasting one hour, then I have to go into rclone config and make a new one.
How do I prevent this from happening so I don’t have to keep reconfiguring rclone with a new token?
EDIT: Seems to happen less when I remove custom client ID, but it still is happening.
rclone should refresh the tokens for you automatically.
Double check your custom application id and client id
I have the same problem with Google Drive, I get the unauthorized client error very frequently when trying to copy a file from one GDrive to another GDrive. And
This is true.
However if I run first
rclone ls GDrive:
Then stop it as soon as it starts to list the files
and then run the copy command again, I don’t get the unauthorized client error.
It works fine initially but then stops. It seems using custom id causes it to happen more frequently. When I switched them all back to not using custom ID it hasn’t been happening.
Same problem here. With a custom id I keep getting 401 Unauthorized responses after a couple of hours.
That means that using a custom id is not an option…
This was happening to me when I was installing rclone in a different location than /usr/bin/
and it couldn’t update the oath.
Now it has never happened to me again.
Now I see the problem. It’s just that with “rclone config” if I edit the google drive remote adding a client_id and a client_secret that are not saved in the config file. I edited the config file by hand and now it works.
There has been a problem with rclone losing custom IDs - that is now fixed in the latest beta though.