Google Drive, Plex, Windows 10

:upside_down_face:

yep mount is running whilst i do this, i have about 400tb plus of data so could probably take some time i have now set it off so with --timeout 0m we shall see if it finishes

it completed just took 32mins

so now stream start takes between 11 and 19 seconds to start is there a way to speed this up?

32 minutes is way too long for priming, even with 400TB. To give you an idea, I prime 700TB (200,000 files and 36,000 folders) in roughly 3 minutes. Do you by any chance have considerably more files and folders? And like I mentioned before, my media starts in about 3 to 5 seconds.

I can't think of anything to make a Windows mount faster at this point, to be honest. Are you running all this locally? I run Plex on a dedicated server far away from where I live, and I use a mount and Windows Explorer combo for media playback at home.

Yep all this is running locally and no I don't have anymore than that

Raidrive
Expandrive
And Google drive filestream
All start within a couple of seconds

This all seems an rclone issue just gotta figure it out

can you do a speedtest.net and post the results.

not as fast as it should be at the minute as plex is currently scanning stuff in

can run this command
netsh interface tcp show global

Any conclusion to this thread? I'm having some stuttering issues with Gdrive, Plex, Windows 10 and was looking at this thread for inspiration.

hi,
you have not provided any information.
if you had started a new post you would have been asked for

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

I didn't want to hijack the thread with my issue. Just trying to do my own research and troubleshooting before starting a new thread.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.