Google Drive lsf not showing all folders/files since v1.46

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I recently upgraded rclone from 1.45 to the latest (1.48), and when I do lsf it only shows the folder that is owned by the account that is running the command. There are other folders/files located in the same drive folder that the account has edit access to, but those do not show up when using rclone v1.46 & v1.48 (I didn't try v1.47). I just swapped out the binary and reran the same command and got different results. You can see from the log output below. The service account actually owns the master-csv-done folder, but has edit access to the other folders shown v1.45 output.

A couple other notes:

• I am using a GCP service account.
  • Here is my rclone.conf (folder id anonymized):

[GDrive]
    type = drive
    scope = drive.file
    root_folder_id = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Using RCLONE_CONFIG_GDRIVE_SERVICE_ACCOUNT_FILE=acct.json for auth

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.48

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

debian-slim-stretch container

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone --config rclone.conf lsf GDrive:

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Output using v1.48 (and also v1.46):

root@24b6faf6f674:/myapp# rclone --config rclone.conf -vv lsf GDrive:
2019/08/06 15:04:55 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.48.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "--config" "rclone.conf" "-vv" "lsf" "GDrive:"]
2019/08/06 15:04:55 DEBUG : Using config file from "/myapp/rclone.conf"
master-csv-done/
2019/08/06 15:04:56 DEBUG : 7 go routines active
2019/08/06 15:04:56 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.48.0" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "--config" "rclone.conf" "-vv" "lsf" "GDrive:"]

Output using v1.45:

root@24b6faf6f674:/myapp# rclone --config rclone.conf -vv lsf GDrive:
2019/08/06 15:06:58 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.45" starting with parameters ["rclone" "--config" "rclone.conf" "-vv" "lsf" "GDrive:"]
2019/08/06 15:06:58 DEBUG : Using config file from "/myapp/rclone.conf"
customer CSV files - README.docx
customer-csv/
master-csv-done/
master-csv-done/
master-csv-incoming/
test sheet.xlsx
2019/08/06 15:06:58 DEBUG : 6 go routines active
2019/08/06 15:06:58 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.45" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "--config" "rclone.conf" "-vv" "lsf" "GDrive:"]
root@24b6faf6f674:/myapp#

Thanks!!

Pretty sure you need to use drive-impersonate and 1.45 was working was a bug :slight_smile:

Hi,

I don't really want to impersonate another user. My service account, named something like svc-acct@rays-gcpproject.iam.gserviceaccount.com actually has been given access to the drive folder and its contents. When using rclone v1.45, I could create files and folders that were owned by the actual service account instead of a user that it was impersonating as. Is there a way to continue to do that with the new version?

Thanks!

I think figured it out...

If I change my scope from drive.file to just drive, it works!

Which makes sense given the docs. That must have been another bug in v1.45.

Thanks!

-Ray

Ah thanks. I did notice that was file but didn't put it together either.

Nice find and yes, I do believe that was a bug in 1.45!

Always learning :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.