Google Drive key expiry date

Hi, it seems like my Google Drive key keeps reaching the expiry date and then it stops working. How can I prevent this?
I tried using the template but it says that I can't post more than 2 links.

Config:

[gdrive]
type = drive
scope = drive
client_id = [REDACTED]
client_secret = [REDACTED]
token = {"access_token":"[REDACTED]","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"[REDACTED]","expiry":"2021-03-26T16:01:57.1583981+01:00"}

Rclone version:
rclone v1.53.3

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

Service: Google Drive
Windows 10, 64 bits

Command:

2021/04/07 19:50:45 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:\\Personal\\Backups\\bp_2021_04_07_19_50": couldn't find root directory ID: Get "https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/root?alt=json&fields=id&prettyPrint=false&supportsAllDrives=true": couldn't fetch token - maybe it has expired? - refresh with "rclone config reconnect gdrive:": oauth2: cannot fetch token: 400 Bad Request
Response: {
  "error": "invalid_grant",
  "error_description": "Bad Request"

hello and welcome to the forum,

when you posted there was a template of questions that we request to be filled out.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

we have gdrive experts and i am sure one will stop by soon.

in the mean time,

• there are many posts in the forum about that.
  • update to latest stable

Does it expire every week? If so then check out this thread

Yes, that is right. It lasted for just a week last time. I’ve been using rclone for a year now and it is the second time that this has happened. I believe it has to do with Google Drive’s API rather than with rclone.

For now, I’ll copy my data to my Google Drive folder using rclone which works well too.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.