Google Drive issues currently (Europe)?

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Google Drive for the last few minutes? I'm getting various HTTP errors (500 and 503 mostly) in rclone, and the API console itself is also not very responsive, particularly the metric graphs.

I can confirm - Cant even connect to my gdrive !

yes same problem here, think it is a big problem

https://admin.google.com/ i get server error when i try to login

Google Cloud Status Dashboard

This page provides status information on the services that are part of Google Cloud Platform. Check back here to view the current status of the services listed below. If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, please contact Support. Learn more about what's posted on the dashboard in this FAQ. For additional information on these services, please visit cloud.google.com.

Google Compute Engine Incident #19003

We are experiencing a multi-region issue with Google Compute Engine

Incident began at 2019-06-02 12:25 (all times are US/Pacific ).

I can login and upload, but downloading ends in 500.

Hmm, Compute is different from gsuite afaik.

Gsuite staus is here:

https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en-GB&v=status

but not showing issues with drive (yet)

ok, it is now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gdrive issue - well at least they are aware ^^ :stuck_out_tongue:

First update:

02/06/2019 20:28
We will provide an update by 02/06/2019 21:28 detailing when we expect to resolve the problem.
So that was a 1 hour window.

Second update
02/06/2019 20:51
We will provide an update by 02/06/2019 22:51 detailing when we expect to resolve the problem.

Now it's gone up to a 2 hour window...

Interesting though, I can still play files from my mounted drives in plex

I saw that services were suppose to be restored i seem to still have issues though wondering if anyone else has issues?

I'm also still seeing slowness... despite Google saying everything is fine now. Plex streams buffer, timeout or just don't work at all. Occasionally (but not always), I see this in my mount log:

ReadFileHandle.Read error: low level retry 1/10: unexpected EOF

I'm getting the same error and streams suddenly cut out

For me, it seems like things are back to normal now.

Still occasional issues here. Most files are ok, others are slow, and others don't connect at all.

If anyone is interested, google are paying credit for the outage. It's only a small amount as it was not that long an outage.

Just email G Suite support to request it.

As per the G Suite Service Level Agreement, you have to request the service credit.

Any official post about that @blim5001 :slight_smile: ?

Not that I saw. (Seems not something they want to promote, sort of a... if you don't ask, you don't get)

I just checked the Service Level Agreement and It does say they will offer credit, but in order to get it you need to request it.

So I fired off an email to support shortly after the event to see if there was any credit being offered.

The response was they would not have the Impact Report' till the 17th.

we'll have a full understanding of how many SLA credits will be credited to accounts soon. If you reach out to us on the 17th of this month, we'll should be able to calculate what is owed. However, we'll have no accurate figures until Google's impact report comes out for us.

so emailed them again on the 17th, which I did, and got a small credit:

I'm happy to confirm the credit request has been accepted

1 Like

Cheers - do you have the email adress as well ? :slight_smile:

And what you wrote to them :slight_smile: just to see the correspondance.

I think I started the email/request from within the G Suite Admin Console > Contact Support

(That was partly what bugged me about the outage. There seemed to be no way to contact G Suite Support without logging in to your G Suite Admin area, which of course you could not do as it did not work!)

The email that got sent went to esupport@google.com

This was what I originally sent:

Case: #REDACTED
Subject: Sundays outage

Hi, 
Are we eligible for any credit due to the service outage on Sunday.

As per the G Suite Service Level Agreement, we have to request the service credit.

Thanks

+++