Google Drive Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm having problem copying 17TB from my team drive (1 server) to team drive (9 backups), even with or without OAuth, and even with newly created google account, aug 2020 it still works like intended to.
Im problem only started this september 2020, i know the 750gb limit per day so ididnt use my 20 accounts for 24 hours same problem even with a newly created google account, please really need your wisdom.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

i use all different version same results

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy "g01_or:" "g01_b2:" -v --fast-list --drive-server-side-across-configs --drive-stop-on-upload-limit --max-transfer 750G --drive-allow-import-name-change --ignore-existing --progress

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[g01_or]
type = drive
client_id = XXXXX
client_secret = XXXXX
scope = drive
token = XXXXX
team_drive = XXXXXX
root_folder_id = 

[g01_b2]
type = drive
client_id = XXXXX
client_secret = XXXXX
scope = drive
token = XXXXX
team_drive = XXXXXX
root_folder_id = 

Many posts on service accounts having reduced limits which seems to be the cause.

i dont use service accounts, i actually create many google drive account my make names and emails

Based on the info you shared, it just seems you are hitting the 750GB limit each day. The log file would show the error but there isn't a log to look at so it's a bit of a guess.

i create new google account same problem, i didnt even hit 750gb, after i run it says already error 403 download quota exceeded

Without any log file it's really just guessing, based on the info you've shared, you've hit a download limit and a log file would shed more light.

If you want to run something with debug (-vv) and share a log file that's great.

Google changed the quota system that was formerly per file and now it's on account
Are speculating that now the download limit is 2TB per account

a conversation is emerging that accounts that have the RClone app accessing the account will be blocked, does anyone know if it is true?

hello and welcome to the forum,

what conversation, where is that conversation?

1 Like

There's any update on this topic?

I am also getting Error 403 each day, any way to troubleshoot this? This happens for different files.

2020/10/15 12:55:41 ERROR : : vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded

Best way to is to start a new post and use the help and support template.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.