Google Cloud Storage Setup Assistance

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Trying to setup a drive mount to Google Could Storage on my mac

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.50.2

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Cloud Storage

My goal

I am a film maker and have a 16TB of video files that I want to backup to Google Cloud. I want to use this for my main backup solution for my raw video files. I hope I can setup either a Google Drive or Google Cloud Storage that I can mount and just copy over files from the finder view. I hope it's that simple once it's setup correctly...?

I purchased a Gsuite from google with unlimited Gdrive. Not sure if this is really unlimited, but heared that using Gsuite and Google Cloud Storage that it was truly unlimited.... that's why I want to use Google Cloud Storage. I also plan to encrypt my drive, and mount it so that everytime I boot and have an internet connection this drive is accessible from finder.

My question

How do I setup this on google ? Do I use an API? There are so many questions I have when I go through the setup procedure and I can't seem to find a good tutorial that helps me.. ?

If you have a GSuite account, you mean Google Drive and probably not Google Cloud Storage as they are two different things.

If you want to setup Google Drive, start here:

https://rclone.org/drive/

Thanks for yoru reply Aimosity022, I think you might be right. I'm really looking at getting an unlimited storage solution for my video files. I read that google drive with gsuite the business plan has unlimited, but 1TB per user up to 5 users.. so I have to buy 5 users to actually have unlimited I guess.. unless there is any other options?

Google is not enforcing this for single users, but they may decide to at any point. Then you're looking at paying for 5 users instead, which is likely cheaper than any other option.

Been learning about rclone for the last few days, getting more and more into it, but experiencing some issues, but might do another post about it. Thanks for your help!