Google client id and secret

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Im just curious,example:
if we create google id n secret for remote.and after that create crypt remote.
wha happen if project get deleted?still possible to get crypt remote data back?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

The Client ID and Secret is just for using the API and is used for making API calls.

If the client ID and Secret are deleted, you'd get a message saying that and you'd have to fix it.

The data is not able to be accessed until you change it and/or remove it from your config.

assume i dont read email or whatsoever. if project if deleted?my crypt data gone right?

Again, no it's not gone.

You can't access it.

You have to remove the bad client ID/secret and configure it without it or with the default rclone key.

so can i recreate my crypt remote on top normal auth?does it work

I don't know.

Are you using the bad client ID and secret?

I am not sure how much clearer I can make it.

If you have a bad/removed client ID /secret, you get an error.

If you remove the bad client ID/secret, you can access your data.

Your data is never gone.

Whether you choose to make a new remote or fix the old remote, it's the same thing.

Why not just test it and you can see for yourself, it's easy enough to do.

1st i dont use bad client id n whatsoever
2nd my question not about bad client or what,im asking a situation that one day your accidently delete your project where u use client id n secret,will my data will be gone?
english not my 1st language n hope u understand

A bad client ID could be a wrong entry (meaning you type it in wrong) or you delete it from the console.

And again, your data is not gone. A bad client ID / secret only impacts your ability to access the data. Your data is not deleted.

so my next question how i can i acces it back. dude if want give advice "why not u try it" . just stfu. if u dont know,say dont know. there no shame on it. not everyone here from IT background to try n figure out itself

Always great to tell someone to 'stfu' when they are trying to help you.

I'm aware not everyone is from an IT background as that's why I'm asking you to take a few seconds and give it a try yourself as I've repeatedly said there is no chance to remove lose your data. Would be pretty mean if I told you to do something that would delete your data, no?

I get that English is your first language as I've kept things pretty simple so you can follow without much effort, but it does not seem to be a language barrier but a comprehension barrier as I have already answer your question a few times.

1. If you delete your client ID / secret, you'll get an error from rclone
  2. Run rclone config and fix the client ID and secret in the remote

So test it out and give it a try or just stfu already.

i think i dont give clear situation.
if we want create id client n secret we need create "project" in [Google API Console]
im not saying delete something from rclone config. im saying delete "project" which contain secret id n secret. so would i get my data back if using normal auth or recreate project with same crypt password?

It does not matter if you delete the project or just delete the client ID/secret from the project. The end state is that you are removing the client ID/secret.

Your data is never gone as you've only removed the API key to get access. To access your data, you have to fix the client ID/secret and you have options through rclone config:

1. Remove the client ID / secret (leave blank) and it'll use the default rclone one
  2. Create a new project and make a new key and use that

The crypt remote is a secondary remote attached to your main drive so you don't have to touch that (why we ask for all this stuff in the template as we can answer your question based on your config)

[GD]
type = drive
token = token
team_drive =
client_id = wrong
client_secret = wrong

[gcrypt]
type = crypt
remote = GD:crypt
filename_encryption = standard
password = password
password2 = password
directory_name_encryption = true

So in my case, I'd run rclone config and edit the GD remote and either remove the client ID and password or update to the new one.

im asking just because im curious. not really become a problem,yet. so i still can acces it with just recreate remote.that it all i want to know.thank u

Best way to validate things and make sure you understand them is to test it out.

If you are curious, make a new project and do exactly the steps you have. If there are holes in the process or you don't understand something, trying the process would help you learn that.

That's why I'm saying to try it out yourself.

i know i just can create it test itself every problem i have. not everyone has time in front of pc everyday .that not a problem really,that why i just quick asking here

On that reply / note, I wish you the best of luck going forward as I can assure you, I won't waste my time anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.