Gdrive to pcloud migration crypt not working

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have rclone setup with GDRIVE and a crypt on top. All is fine. I am transitioning from GDRIVE to pcloud. Rclone and pcloud (including a crypt) is working like a charm. Of course I can use rclone copy or sync etc. to migrate from GDRIVE to RCLONE. However I discovered that pcloud has a brilliant feature of backing up a GDRIVE account (which due to the higher bandwidth is incredibly much faster).

So I told pcloud to backup up GDRIVE and the files (crypted) show up in a backup folder in pcloud. I can move them to another pcloud folder and have rclone config point to that with the same crypt password/password2 settings I used for GDRIVE.

rclone lsd works and shows the directories. However the files themselves to not show and -vvvv shows:

Skipping undecryptable file name: illegal base32 data at input byte 26

Turns out the backup procedure of pcloud adds a "." to the end of the filename. So

8ud1t8gcqddig9AA49k9kp2br4

becomes

8ud1t8gcqddig9AA49k9kp2br4.

If I manually change the filename and delete the "." at the end the file is found and decrypted. Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this? Is there some magic option to ignore trailing "."? Or do I have to mount the drive and with some clever find/mv script have to rename all files?

ask pcloud to respect file names? what it has to do with rclone?

If they do not you can write script renaming all files (removing . at the end). Good is that it is not part of base32 so it should be safe to do.

should give you some idea how to proceed. you have to modify move by removing "."

1. get list of all files in pcloud remote
  2. loop over the list move fileName fileName-dot - assuming pcloud supports server side move it will be fast

It might be also wider problem many other people face - pcloud forum/community can have already solution

rclone backend features pcloud: | grep Move
                "DirMove": true,
                "Move": true,
DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.62.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "moveto" "pcrypt:source/file.ext." "pcrypt:dest/file.ext" "-vv"]
DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "pcrypt:source/file.ext."
DEBUG : Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "pcloud:pcrypt/l8v6tiq52jaekot7q45c9rbq4o/3j2f0almjigh67uipi9bohvp7c"
DEBUG : fs cache: adding new entry for parent of "pcloud:pcrypt/l8v6tiq52jaekot7q45c9rbq4o/3j2f0almjigh67uipi9bohvp7c", "pcloud:pcrypt/l8v6tiq52jaekot7q45c9rbq4o"
DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "pcrypt:dest/"
DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "pcloud:pcrypt/p0tru1aognkok78nfntsibbo9o"
DEBUG : file.ext.: Need to transfer - File not found at Destination
INFO  : file.ext.: Moved (server-side) to: file.ext
INFO  : 
Transferred:   	          0 B / 0 B, -, 0 B/s, ETA -
Checks:                 1 / 1, 100%
Renamed:                1
Elapsed time:         5.0s

rclone ls pcrypt:dest
        0 file.ext

indeed

is the right command to rename files.

Happy scripting. You should charge pcloud for your trouble:)

might be also worth to raise ticket with pcloud - maybe it is problem they are not aware of?

It is not free service - actually very expensive compared to other options. You pay them so they should do what they promise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.