Gdrive Crypt Mount: Unusually slower library scan for Plex Music

Hi. I am using Google Drive. I have been experiencing unusually slower plex music library scan on a crypt mount. Its so much slower than the plain google mount.

I have a lot of music albums and it took Plex just a day without crypt. While it was scanning, I could see the albums appearing in the Library as soon as it scanned.

However with crypt, while plex scans an album, it just won't appear straight away in the library and is unusually slower. And sometimes won't at all. Changing plex library to a folder view, I can see a lot of albums which had been scanned but didn't appear in the library. Browsing to these folders, I cant see any tracks which probably forces plex to not register these as an album straight away. However, I can see tracks just fine on the server when I checked with terminal. Although it takes a while to load.

How do I improve crypt mount?

rclone v1.58.0-beta.5999.f22b703a5

  • os/version: ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.15.0-18.1-liquorix-amd64 (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.17.6
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Mount settings:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount \
  --user-agent='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.131 Safari/537.36' \
  --config=/home/xxxx/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \
  --allow-other \
  --allow-non-empty \
  --rc \
  --rc-no-auth \
  --rc-addr=localhost:5580 \
  --drive-skip-gdocs \
  --vfs-read-chunk-size=64M \
  --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2048M \
  --buffer-size=64M \
  --poll-interval=15s \
  --dir-cache-time=1000h \
  --timeout=10m \
  --drive-chunk-size=64M \
  --drive-pacer-min-sleep=10ms \
  --drive-pacer-burst=1000 \
  --umask=002 \
  --syslog \
  -v \
  crypt8: /mnt/remote9
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --rc-addr localhost:5580 _async=true
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /mnt/remote9

Not a clue as you neglected the entire help and support template minus sharing you are for some reason running a beta version with no details either.

1 Like

Hi. I have updated the post with mount settings. I will check the template again and add the relevant part if required.

Beta or no-beta, the issue remains.

The template is the required part.

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

I would recommend you make the changes I highlighted above and try scanning again. I have no experience with Plex and music files, but this should help regardless.

Do you have sonic analysis enabled? That would go through each and every song, and would take considerably longer.

EDIT: So much for highlighting inside the quote... LOL

EDIT 2: Not sure if this matters, but there shouldn't be any "=" in your mount flags.

Without seeing a config/debug log, it doesn't make sense though as the OP stated:

  1. regular mount fine
  2. crypt remote slow

The crypt remote adds a very tiny bit of overhead, which is why I like to see a log and the actual config before recommending changes as if 1 worked, 2 should work as well.

You're right, but a quick glance at his command triggered my OCD :wink:

The way I understood his post was that (1) is a Google mount and (2) is an Rclone mount.

Back to my original point, we've now wasted a few posts/time going back and forth, because the information was not entered/shared in the template so we're guessing what is meant rather than having the data.

There is "Google Mount" on Linux as I'm only aware of fuse based solutions to get access to Google Drive since the reference was Ubuntu. I "assume" a plain google mount a non encrypted one and the issue was using a crypted mount, but again, just guessing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.