FYI: rclone encrypted GDrive, 'benign' errors "ReadFileHandle.Read error: low level retry" "Request range not satisfiable, requested Range Not Satisfiable"

Hello everyone,

Just FYI, I got a bunch of those errors here from my rclone v1.53.1 mount process (being run as rclone mount REMOTE: LOCALDIR --low-level-retries=1000 --dir-cache-time 10m --max-read-ahead 256k --vfs-cache-mode=writes inside a Devuan 3.0 Beowulf VM):

2020/10/11 05:31:47 ERROR : REDACTED/REDACTED/REDACTED/REDACTED/REDACTED/REDACTED/REDACTED/REDACTED: ReadFileHandle.Read error: low level retry 1/1000: couldn't reopen file with offset and limit: open file failed: googleapi: Error 416: Request range not satisfiable, requestedRangeNotSatisfiable

It was about a dozen of such errors while accessing the mounted directory with a md5sum -c to verify about 230GB of data distributed among ~2800 files. All of the messages showed the same error, and all of them also showed exactly "retry 1/1000", so I understand all of the failed reads were successful on the second low-level retry.

Anyway (and here's the important FYI bit), the errors were totally transparent to the md5sum -c that was accessing the files, which reported absolutely no errors. In other words, it was certainly some network/GDrive transient error that rclone mount corrected automatically and transparently. So, if the same errors show up for you in the same way, you can probably just ignore them.

Hope this helps everyone who eventually comes a-googling.

(and BTW, thanks @ncw again for the great piece of software that is rclone).

Cheers,
-- Durval.