Forcing OneDrive Personal account during setup

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Having successfully used Rclone with an AWS bucket and OneDrive business I'm trying to set up another remote for OneDrive Personal. I've been through the normal and advanced flow for set up, including selecting "personal" during the advanced flow but when the set up goes to the browser to obtain a token it immediately authorises again my business credentials and I only get offered the OD Business drive and a business sharepoint drive as remote targets.
I have googled around this but I can't find other people hitting this. I'm certain it's finger trouble on my part but any advice would be appreciated.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

None yet, I'm still on the new remote work flow.
Version is V1.59.1

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive Personal

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

/// n (new remote)
/// 32 (OneDrive)
/// client_id (blank)
/// client_secret (blank)
/// region 1
/// edit advanced (worked through no and yes, specified "personal" when prompted but didn't not fix the issue)
/// use auto config yes
/// browser opens and autherises againt OneDrive for Business credentials
/// config type (only listed OD4B drives)

Thanks in advance
Arthur

#### The rclone config contents with secrets removed.  
/// [ODB]
/// type = onedrive
/// token = {"access_token":"xxxxx","expiry":"2022-10-20T13:31:03.966495873+01:00"}
/// drive_id = b!xxxxxxxx
/// drive_type = business

/// [aws_s3_cloud]
/// type = s3
/// provider = AWS
/// access_key_id = xxxxx
/// secret_access_key = xxxxx
/// region = eu-west-1
/// location_constraint = eu-west-1
/// acl = private
/// server_side_encryption = AES256
/// storage_class = REDUCED_REDUNDANCY

You need to pick personal instead of business.

Option drive_type.
The type of the drive (personal | business | documentLibrary).
Enter a value. Press Enter to leave empty.
drive_type>

Hi Arthur,

Sounds like your browser was already logged into your business account, try logging actively out of your OD Business in the browser before setting up your personal OD in rclone.

You can also open the URL rclone prints into an incognito window (or similar) to make sure you log into the correct account. That is what I do as I have lots of Onedrive accounts for testing purposes!

Thank you, yes, my mistake for allowing firefox to be logged into the business account. As soon as I cleared that the OD personal credentials could be entered and it works beautifully.
TY
Arthur

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.