Files not showing up in Google Drive Web UI, but do show up in LS

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm not using a service account, like the other similar issue, but I can't find the file I uploaded with rclone in my drive! This is bad. I uploaded that profilepicture.jpg file as a test, because I have a larger upload going on in the background to store a large (27 GB, yes I had to shell out for more storage) file. Now I can't see my test file in the web UI, but I can see it with LS. I'd like to be able to download the file without needing to set up rclone again, if I ever have to do so from another computer. My path for both of these files contains no spaces, and neither does my username, which I've redacted.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

C:\Users\<REDACTED>\Downloads\rclone-v1.58.1-windows-amd64\rclone-v1.58.1-windows-amd64>rclone version
rclone v1.58.1
- os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education N 21H1 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 10.0.19043.1766 (x86_64)
- os/type: windows
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.17.9
- go/linking: dynamic
- go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

C:\Users\<REDACTED>\Downloads\rclone-v1.58.1-windows-amd64\rclone-v1.58.1-windows-amd64>rclone copy profilepicture.jpg gdrive:profilepicture.jpg

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = <REDACTED>
client_secret = <REDACTED>
scope = drive.appfolder
root_folder_id = appDataFolder
token = <REDACTED>
team_drive = 

A log from the command with the -vv flag

C:\Users\<REDACTED>\Downloads\rclone-v1.58.1-windows-amd64\rclone-v1.58.1-windows-amd64>rclone ls gdrive: -vv
2022/07/03 21:36:17 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.58.1" starting with parameters ["C:\\Users\\<REDACTED>\\Downloads\\rclone-v1.58.1-windows-amd64\\rclone-v1.58.1-windows-amd64\\rclone.exe" "ls" "gdrive:" "-vv"]
2022/07/03 21:36:17 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "gdrive:"
2022/07/03 21:36:17 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\\Users\\<REDACTED>\\AppData\\Roaming\\rclone\\rclone.conf"
    10243 profilepicture.jpg/profilepicture.jpg
2022/07/03 21:36:18 DEBUG : 6 go routines active

is there a folder called profilepicture.jpg?

Using ths will cause rclone to store files in a directly only accessible by rclone which doesn't show on your main drive.

ah. how do I move files out of this folder and into the main drive (ideally without reuploading)?

I'd probably make another remote with a new name, pick the right scope and you can use rclone move and that should it as long as you include the server side across configs.

Google drive (rclone.org)

How do I do that? I can make a new remote, how do I set up the server side part?

Once you make the new remote, just add that flag to you copy or move command. I assume you wan tot move the files from the old to the new.

rclone move oldremote: newremote: --drive-server-side-across-configs --dry-run -vv

Use dry run to test and replace with your specific remote names.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.