Files copied into directory from Linux to mount don't appear

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have some apps that are trying to copy files to a directory that I removed a bunch of subdirectories from. It is trying to recreate some of those directories that I deleted from the mount on my Mac. If the directory is new, it works, if it's one of the "old" ones that was removed, it doesn't create it. It just seems to go into a black hole.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.57.0 (on linux)
rclone v1.53.3 (on Mac)

Now that I paste the version here, is the version difference the problem?

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

hello,

please answer all the questions.
help us to help you.....

Rclone config below. There is no command I'm executing, just moving files to and from the mount.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = ***
client_secret =***
scope = drive
token = ***
root_folder_id = 0AMLNtvER6D10Uk9PVA

[gdrive_crypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive:/media_crypt
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = ***

--- make sure to use v1.57.0, no point in testing with an old version.
--- there must be a command, such as rclone mount???

OK, rclone revved to 1.57.0.
Here is my mount command:
rclone cmount gdrive_crypt: /Users/angus/gdrive_mount --buffer-size 128M --vfs-cache-mode full --dir-cache-time 1h --vfs-cache-max-age 3h --vfs-read-chunk-size=32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --log-level INFO --log-file=mylog.txt

rclone mount does not copy/delete dir/files own its own.
the app does that.

other than that, not sure what the issue is.
if you can post a debug log that can reproduce the problem, that might help.

Right, so once I have it mounted from my Mac and from the remote server, I only interact with it via "mv" commands and drag and drop on Mac. So for example right now, I had a /comics directory and a bunch of subdirectories like /Marvel. I moved all those subdirectories out. I have an app on Linux called Mylar that is trying to create a new /Marvel in the same place as the old one but it never shows up on my Mac and neither do any places placed in that directory (that's what I mean by they seem to go into a black hole). Maybe it's the difference in how the drive is mounted on Mac vs how it's mounted on Linux (visually in the rclone web app).

oh, you have two mounts on two machines.
one is a mac and that remote server is linux?

and on one machine, you make a change and that change does not appear on the other machine?

Yes exactly EXCEPT that most changes do appear, as long as the file or directory did not previously appear in that same location. So if I delete a file in a directory and then create a new file with the same exact name in that same exact directory from Linux, it doesn't work. If I delete it and do the same action all just from Mac, it's OK. I understand files aren't immediately deleted right? Is there possibly a conflict happening with filenames because these files haven't been purged yet?

not exactly sure what is going on but perhaps @Animosity022 might know.

Unless there are some full mount commands and debug logs with an explanation/timing of the issue, I really can't say what could be the issue.

That's why we have the template to collect all that information up front.

This can be closed out. I got both machines on the same version, restarted both and remounted both and things seem to be well aligned now. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.