Filename_encoding = base32768 doesent work

Please show the effort you've put in to solving the problem and please be specific -- people are volunteering their time to help you! Low effort posts are not likely to get good answers! DO NOT REDACT any information except passwords/keys/personal info. You should use 3 backticks to begin and end your paste to make it readable. Or use a service such as https://pastebin.com or https://gist.github.com/ -->

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

when i use filename_encoding = base32768 i get decrypt errors

steps that i used: 1.Mount with api 2.crypt mount normaly 3.add filename_encoding = base32768 to rclone.conf

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.63.0

• os/version: ubuntu 22.04 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 6.4.0-060400-generic (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.5
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
-->

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

dropbox

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

/usr/bin/rclone mount xxxxxx: xxxxxx --allow-other --dir-cache-time 9999h --log-file xxxx/rclone/rclone.log --log-level INFO --cache-dir=xxxxx/ --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 400G --vfs-fast-fingerprint --vfs-cache-max-age 9999h --default-time 2023-01-01 --tpslimit 12 --tpslimit-burst 0

[wunderland]
type = dropbox
client_id = 
client_secret = 
token = 

[wunderland_crypt]
type = crypt
filename_encoding = base32768
remote = wunderland:/wunderland
password = xxxxx
password2 = xxxxx

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2023/07/31 20:55:52 INFO  : ParamountPlus/Synced/Honor Society (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: downloader: error count now 17: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:52 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Honor Society (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 INFO  : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: downloader: error count now 14: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: too many errors 14/10: last error: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: failed to kick waiters: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: failed to _ensure cache vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : IO error: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 INFO  : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: downloader: error count now 15: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: too many errors 15/10: last error: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: failed to kick waiters: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: failed to _ensure cache vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : IO error: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 INFO  : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: downloader: error count now 16: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:53 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: too many errors 16/10: last error: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:54 INFO  : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: downloader: error count now 17: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?
2023/07/31 20:55:54 ERROR : ParamountPlus/Synced/Into the Deep (2022)/poster.jpg: vfs cache: failed to download: vfs reader: failed to write to cache file: failed to authenticate decrypted block - bad password?

you removed too much I think..

what is remote you are mounting?

linux:
wunderland_crypt: /media/wunderland <<< works without filename_encoding = base32768
windows:
wunderland_crypt:/ g: <<< from there i copy all to another drive with --server-side-across-configs wunderland_crypt:/wunderland/wunderland wunderland_crypt:/wunderland/wunderland --progress --log-file "B:\wunderland\rclone-v1.62.2\wunderland.log" --fast-list

you can not change filename_encoding for already existing data. If you have exisitng data in wunderland_crypt:media/wunderland you have to migrate it to new encoding.

Here you are some example:

i create a new folder and new api/crypt and then added filename_encoding = base32768 to config

yes this is the easiest option

the folder is empty. they create chinese text on folder but i cant read it. When i copy paste to the drive works i testet it but not when i copy drive to another drive

It is not empty.

Provide in detail what is your setup and what you are doing. Then somebody can see what the mistake it.

1. Create new folder on dropbox
  2. Create new app (with full access)
  3. create new rclone file for dropbox
  4. create new crypt
  5. change rclone.conf and add filename_encoding = base32768 to config
  6. mount with windows and trasfer the files to new folder (i see that he copy the new files its chinese symbols)
  7. mount to linux and add to emby and then i get the error

if you have errors with emby maybe you should check on their forums? I have no idea what emby is

the issue is i get the errors on windows when i want to open the .mkv file too. Its a problem with rclone i think

sorry - it is not clear for me where the issue is. Linux? Windows?

Try to solve it step by step instead of jumping all over the place. What does not work with rclone?

both the files dont get decrypted but the pass is right i didnt change it

what about to start again.

you posted your rclone.config - OK

what is rclone command you run which causes problem?

when i upload it from harddrive to cloud works but when i use this : rclone --dropbox-batch-commit-timeout 30s copy --server-side-across-configs wunderland_crypt_old:/test/test wunderland_crypt_new:/test/test --progress --log-file "B:\apps\rclone-v1.62.2\ita.log" --fast-list
makes that doesent works anymore the other drive is normaly encrypted. I see on linux that the files exist but i get the decrypt error

and now you are talking about wunderland_crypt_old and wunderland_crypt_new... they are not in your config

I can not guess what you are doing. You post some config and then talk about using something very different.

my fold sry for that i post full config

[wunderlandold]
type = dropbox
client_id = xxxx
client_secret = xxxx
token = xxxx

[wunderland_crypt_old]
type = crypt
remote = wunderlandold:/wunderlandold
password = xxxx
password2 = xxxx

[wunderlandnew]
type = dropbox
client_id = xxxx
client_secret = xxxx
token = xxxx

[wunderland_crypt_new]
type = crypt
remote = wunderlandnew:/wunderlandnew
password = xxxx
password2 = xxxxx

OK

and what it shows:

rclone lsd wunderland_crypt_old:test/test

and

rclone lsd wunderland_crypt_new:test/test

plus

rclone lsd wunderlandold:wunderlandold

and

rclone lsd wunderlandnew:wunderlandnew

i dont know i deletet all again and i used this rclone config:

[wunderland]
type = dropbox
client_id = xxxx
client_secret = xxxx
token = xxxx

[wunderland_crypt]
type = crypt
remote = wunderland:wunderland
filename_encryption = standard
password = xxxx
password2 = xxxx

with --server-side-across-configs i get error

2023/08/01 05:06:27 ERROR : Chiara Ferragni Unposted (2019)/Chiara Ferragni Unposted (2019).mp4: Failed to copy: copy failed: from_lookup/not_found/...

without --server-side-across-configs works fine but i need to reupload all again just to fix filename to long error. With shared folder he copy all server side and i get 500mbits + speed but give me every time the decrypt error maybe a bug?

rclone lsd wunderland_crypt_new:

` -1 2000-01-01 01:00:00        -1 wunderland`

Follow instructions I linked earlier.

I think your mistake was to use subdirectory of old crypt.

So you should do in your initial setup:

[wunderland]
type = dropbox
client_id = xxxx
client_secret = xxxx
token = xxxx

[wunderland_crypt_old]
type = crypt
remote = wunderland:wunderlandold
password = xxxx
password2 = xxxx

[wunderland_crypt_new]
type = crypt
remote = wunderlan:wunderlandnew
password = xxxx
password2 = xxxxx

rclone move -v wunderland_crypt_old: wunderland_crypt_new: --server-side-across-configs