Failed to sync error

Hi there
I am using rclone to sync my drive for months with command: rclone sync “/home/bs/Documents/” “remote:Documents” -u -v &&
In the last two days rclone is giving the following error:
2018/10/16 18:11:58 ERROR : Google drive root ‘Documents’: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2018/10/16 18:11:58 ERROR : Google drive root ‘Documents’: not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2018/10/16 18:11:58 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 1 errors and: can’t update google document type without --drive-import-formats
2018/10/16 18:11:58 Failed to sync: can’t update google document type without --drive-import-formats

I have updated to the newest rclone version - 1.44
What might possibly be wrong?

Thanks,

This will be to do with the new google doc importing feature, which should be turned off by default unless you set --drive-import-formats so I’m not quite sure what is going on.

@B4dM4n ?

This error means that there is a Google Document in place with the same name on your local folder.

The solution depends on what you are trying to achieve:
If you want to replace the Google Document with a converted version of the local file, add --drive-import-formats=docx or similar. This process is described in the documentation and explains how this works and what implications it has.

If you want to do a regular file copy, you can add --drive-skip-gdocs to the sync command, to ignore all Google Documents.

1 Like

The --drive-skip-gdocs option did the trick.
Thanks a lot,