Failed to _ensure cache EOF in vfs-cache-mode full

8GB RAM
256GB SSD
Rclone Version: 1.53.0
Install Service Windows: NSSM
Create physical Disk: Winfsp

Guys, I was about 2 months without following the topic of testing the new vfs and yesterday I was surprised by the news that it was already in the stable version. I did the installation on a windows machine to test and had problems.
After assembly, when Plex reads the disc, several errors like the one below are presented:

2020/09/02 23:15:38 ERROR: HoltzFlix / Tokusatsus / Super Sentai (1975) / Season 10 / Super Sentai (1975) - S10E14 - Love And Turn.mp4: vfs cache: failed to _ensure cache EOF

The assembly I tested was this:
mount --poll-interval 1m --fast-list --tpslimit 10 --dir-cache-time 2m --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-poll-interval 1m --vfs-cache -max- size 30G --vfs-cache-max-age 72h --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --drive-chunk-size 16M --cache-dir C:\rclone-cache --buffer-size 16M --log -file C:\rclone-logs\rclone.log --log-level NOTICE tdrive:/ g:

After reading the documentation, I saw that there were changes with the flags and now it is necessary to use --vfs-read-ahead in conjunction with the full cache.
I did several tests but the error is always the same. Finally I only tested these flags --vfs-read-ahead 10G -vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-age 72h --vfs-cache-max-size 1G but the result did not change, EOF continued to be shown for each media that was read.
As I couldn't solve it, I left it with no disk cache. (writes)
Where am I wrong?

It's a spurious error message and shouldn't impact the usage of the cache. It's been fixed in the latest beta.

Commit: https://github.com/rclone/rclone/commit/27b9ae4fc38d8cd01d072228f4afd28cce44d11b

It was already answered in the release there. Here is the post for reference.

Thank you guys and sorry for those doubts.
Although the error message is harmless, it makes the log file grow a lot.
I will wait for the correction.

Thank you!

hi,
you can remove --fast-list, as this does nothing on a mount

I haven't posted a point release yet, but you can use this - think of it as a release candidate for the point release!

https://beta.rclone.org/branch/v1.53-stable/v1.53.1-beta.4748.d780fcf31.v1.53-stable/

Does version 1.54 beta also have? I just downloaded it.

Once a new release is published, the versions bump up and the 'new' beta would be the next version. That's the same flow for every release.

It gets a bit confusing as he's planning a point release to address a few smaller items that do not need to wait for a full revision (1.54) so you'll see a build here or there for 1.53.

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.