Failed to copy: corrupted on transfer: MD5 crypted hash differ

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have a mounted encrypted cached google gsuite. When copying a file to the mount using Total Commander x64 9.50 I get errors "Failed to copy: corrupted on transfer: MD5 crypted hash differ"

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 7, x64

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive for business (gsuite)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone --config rclone.conf --log-file md5_error.log -vvv mount gsuite-cached-encrypted: t: --buffer-size 512M --cache-dir=E:\rclone_cache_test_t\VFS --vfs-cache-mode writes --stats 1m --timeout 1h --cache-db-purge

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

The log is around 6MB and I posed it here: https://mega.nz/#!QYgWxSZR!grykDrvEduUI-_1YKeO82ciUj56EMMk3-wPMS2rdbmo

Extra info:
The exact same config + crlone command line works perfectly in version 1.49.1 (which I was upgrading from) with Total Commander

The copy works fine in 1.51.0 when doing it from cmd.exe ("copy large_file.mp4 T:" ) so it's something that changed from 1.49.1 --> 1.51.0 that makes rclone mount and Total Commander not play together well anymore.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

What appears to happen is that the VFS layer uploads the object successfully, then the cache layer attempts to upload it again for some reason - this is where the error comes.

What does your cache config look like?

Can you try running without cache?

My config on the cache looks like:

[gsuite-cached]
type = cache
remote = gsuite:
info_age = 160h
chunk_total_size = 300G
db_path = E:\rclone_cache_test_t\gsuite-cached-encrypted\meta_data_info
chunk_path = E:\rclone_cache_test_t\gsuite-cached-encrypted\chunks
chunk_clean_interval = 24h
workers = 8
tmp_upload_path = E:\rclone_cache_test_t\gsuite-cached-encrypted\uploads
db_purge = false
read_retries = 20
chunk_no_memory = false
writes = true
tmp_wait_time = 15s
db_wait_time = 1s
plex_url = http://127.0.0.1:32400
plex_username = REMOVED
plex_password = REMOVED
plex_token = REMOVED

Running without the cache layer works as expected with the file being uploaded correct with no errors.

Try disabling tmp_upload_path as in comment it out the config - you shouldn't need it with --vfs-cache-mode writes

Good :slight_smile:

Removing the tmp_upload_path seems to correct the problem. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.