Failed to copy: BadDigest: The Content-Md5 you specified did not match what we received

I'm trying to backup a MiniO to another MiniO. there are two buckets that have encryption and file compression turned on. when I try to make the backup I get the following error " Failed to copy: BadDigest: The Content-Md5 you specified did not match what we received.". Can anyone help me to resolve?

hi,
when you posted, there was a template of basic questions.
help us to help you and answer all of them.

Most likely you are seeing this error.

The solution to which is to put server_side_encryption = aws:kms in the config file or use the flag --s3-server-side-encryption aws:kms for those buckets.

If you have encryption on then you will need

1 Like

what would I fill this "server_side_encryption" with? I read about it but I didn't understand how to use it. I know it would be at the time of rclone configuration because I remember that I saw it, but I don't know what to fill in.

I'd suggest you try aws:kms which is probably close to how you have minio configured.

I believe it worked, I added this in the settings and when I ran the rclone command it no longer generated the same MD5 problem and passed the files. thanks a lot for the support.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.