Failed to complete the config

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Failed to complete the config

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Ubuntu 18.04

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone config

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

For google drive:
...Edit advanced config? (y/n)
y) Yes
n) No (default)
y/n>
Remote config
Use auto config?

• Say Y if not sure
  • Say N if you are working on a remote or headless machine
    y) Yes (default)
    n) No
    y/n>
    If your browser doesn't open automatically go to the following link: xxx
    Waiting for code...
    Got code
    2020/02/22 11:49:56 Failed to configure token: failed to get token: Post https://oauth2.googleapis.com/token: read tcp 10.128.136.147:60658->172.217.27.138:443: read: connection reset by peer

for onedirve:
Remote config
Use auto config?

• Say Y if not sure
  • Say N if you are working on a remote or headless machine
    y) Yes (default)
    n) No
    y/n>
    If your browser doesn't open automatically go to the following link: xxx
    Waiting for code...
    2020/02/22 12:01:17 Failed to configure token: Error: Auth Error
    Code: ""
    Description: No code returned by remote server
    Help:

I'd say this is caused by a firewall (possibly a local firewall) denying the outbound connection rclone needs to make.

Thank you so much for your reply. I tried to close the firewall (sudo ufw disable), but it still dontt work. :frowning:

You can either pick headless and use another computer or try to troubleshoot the firewall issue. You need to allow rclone access to the internet for it to work.

I disabled the firewall, but it still dont work. I have no idea how to allow rclone access to the internet >.<

Do you have a firewall on your network or something else? rclone is a pretty simple program in terms of internet access and if you disabled ufw on Ubuntu, there really isn't much else.

The error is that you have a firewall or something blocking its access. Unfortunately, we can't see into your network or troubleshoot your network.

Is it a fresh install on a machine? Do other programs work accessing in the internet?

I've already disabled ufw, and everything else goes well in accessing the internet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.