Failed to Authorize Account : No Such Host

What is the problem you are having with rclone? Not able to connect or backup to my B2 bucket via Rclone. Haven't run for a couple of weeks and wanted to update my online backup, nothing doing.

I've tried various solutions that I came across including updating Rclone, recreating my Config file, checking DNS settings. I've checked and double checked that my KeyID and ApplicationKey is in the right place, even swopped them around to make triple sure, but Rclone does not want to connect to the bucket.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command. rclone v1.66.0

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive) Backblaze B2

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy "Source Folder" B2:BucketName --progress

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

[Personal]
type = b2
account = XXX
key = XXX

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

2024/04/23 18:14:53 Failed to create file system for "B2:BucketName": failed to authorize account: failed to authenticate: Get "https://api.backblazeb2.com/b2api/v1/b2_authorize_account": dial tcp: lookup api.backblazeb2.com: no such host

welcome to the forum,

the name of the remote from the config is Personal, but that one-line log snippet is B2 ?

can you post the full output of rclone lsd Personal: -vv --retries=1

Thank you!
Apologies, I've stupidly redacted the bucket name for some reason.
You are correct, the bucket name in question is indeed Personal.
Output as follows :
2024/04/23 18:49:09 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.66.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "lsd" "Personal:" "-vv" "--retries=1"]
2024/04/23 18:49:09 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "Personal:"
2024/04/23 18:49:09 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\Users\steyn\AppData\Roaming\rclone\rclone.conf"
2024/04/23 18:49:09 Failed to create file system for "Personal:": failed to authorize account: failed to authenticate: Get "https://api.backblazeb2.com/b2api/v1/b2_authorize_account": dial tcp: lookup api.backblazeb2.com: no such host

well, that is the name of the rclone remote, not the name of the bucket
rclone syntax is remote:bucket/folder

anyhoo, does seem like a dns issue.
from that same command line, what is the output of ping api.backblazeb2.com

Yup, ping doesn't work to api.backblazeb2.com
Ping to say google.com etc works perfectly.
So I'm guessing Rclone is working fine (well it was working fine for a very long time) and this is something I need to take up with my ISP?
Appreciate your help so far

strange for an isp to block that.
might be an issue with the machine you are logged into.

on my winbox,

ping api.backblazeb2.com
Pinging api.backblazeb2.com [104.153.233.180]

so, you might try ping 104.153.233.180

That would be strange, pinging the IP Address works as expected though

all the more so, points to dns issue.

might check the dns servers from ipconfig /all

Thank you , very strange
DNS is set to using Google DNS via 8.8.8.8 /8.8.4.4
I'm trying Cloudflare and a couple other to see if I can get a different result...