Exploring a SaaS Multi-Tenant Solution with Rclone: Connecting Multiple Cloud Storage Providers

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place for this discussion. I'm hopeful that the community here can provide some direction or suggest where else I might seek this information.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm currently investigating the prospect of developing a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution that leverages rclone for a multi-tenant environment. This service would provide an intuitive interface allowing users to connect multiple cloud storage providers seamlessly.

In the course of my research, I've spotted several discussions around implementing rclone in a multi-tenant setup and came across an abandoned web GUI project that was heading towards an approach similar to what I envisage. This has triggered my curiosity to inquire more about this concept and direct my efforts towards providing a robust solution that addresses market demand.

My ultimate ambition is to understand if there is a substantial market interest for a SaaS solution that offers multi-tenancy with rclone, connecting multiple cloud storage providers via a user-friendly interface. Is there any known work being pursued in this direction already, or perhaps an existing implementation I may learn from? I'm equally eager to garner insights on any conceivable challenges, limitations or demand intricacies that are specific to employing a multi-tenant setup with rclone.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

Not applicable as my question is more conceptual.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

I'm considering various cloud storage systems for this potential solution, but haven't narrowed down to a specific one yet.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

[Not applicable as my question is more conceptual]

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.