Experiencing slowness with plex & rclone mount

Hello!

I have a server with the following specs: i5 10400, 32GB DDR4, 1660 Non Super Unlocked BIOS, B460 Plus Mobo, approx 46TB worth of hard drives.

I run this with Unraid, and the following Dockers:

Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, Prowlarr, NZBGet, Qbittorrent, Unmanic & Tautulli. Running rclone 1.57.0

I have approx 70TB of media mounted using rclone which is stored with Google Drive. This is only TV Shows, all of my movies are locally hosted.

Anything hosted with rclone buffers like absolute heck, local movies and local tv files work flawlessly but as soon as I try to play something that is mounted it will not work, will buffer on repeat every few seconds. Here is my mount command:

rclone mount \
--allow-other \
--drive-acknowledge-abuse \
--dir-cache-time 1h \
--cache-dir=/mnt/user/tmp-cache/rclone \
--log-level INFO \
--log-file="/mnt/user/media/logs/rclone.log" \
--poll-interval 15s \
--stats-one-line \
--vfs-cache-mode full \
--vfs-read-chunk-size=128M
--vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G \
--vfs-cache-max-size 200G \
--vfs-cache-max-age 336h \
--gid=100 \
--uid=99 \
--umask=000 \
--bwlimit 8.5M \
gdrive:"TV Shows" /mnt/user/media/media/TV &

Any ideas would be very appreciated!

hello and welcome to the forum,

perhaps remove --bwlimit 8.5M and test again.

hard to share good advice, when you posted there was a template of questions that were not answered.

--vfs-read-chunk-size flag does not make sense. You set default value.

How are you playing the files? In my experience if you are using PLEX with the web interface you can get the buffering/stuttering effect especially with x265 media. Do a comparison with the PLEX player.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.