Excluding files with mount command?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm trying to use a mounted remote to download media into it but I don't know if what I'm trying to do is doable or if it will work.

I'm using youtube-dlp to download a bunch of channels onto the mounted remote. I'm sure many of you have used the software and know how it works. When it downloads a video file it creates several temporal/working files, some of them have extensions like part, part-Frag###, ytdl and some have a suffix like temp.ext or f###.ext. So, what I'm trying to achieve is for rclone to not upload any of those temporal files and only upload the finished mp4/mkv/webm files. Now, for most of them I've found that I can use --paths with yt-dlp, which is great but it sometimes still creates a .temp.ext file in the directory where all downloads are stored so I'm thinking on using filtering and adding this to the rclone command I've posted below:

--exclude "**.temp.{mp4,mkv,flv,ts,webm}"
--ignore-case

So it will not try to upload any file like:

• video.temp.mp4

But would adding that make rclone not upload those files when they are created/copied onto the mounted volume or it will just ignore all the exclude parameters because they don't work with mounts?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 x64

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount "CRYPT:DIRECTORY" U: --network-mode --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-read-chunk-size 100M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 0 --vfs-cache-max-age 0h20m0s --drive-pacer-min-sleep 1ms –-transfers 6 --drive-chunk-size 256M

You would want to follow this open issue:

1 Like

I see, thanks. In the meantime should I use --vfs-write-back and increase the time, right? Or I'm misreading something?

Also, I'm using this --vfs-cache-max-age 0h20m0s because otherwise my C drive would get full with the cache files but I'm wondering, rclone never deletes a file in the cache if it hasn't uploaded it, right? I'm asking to be sure because from the logs I've searched for some files that had been purged and I have found every single one stored in the remote but there are so many files I can't keep up with everything to search for every file and make sure they have been uploaded, so, to put it simple, I want to decrease even further the time to 5 mins if possible but at the same time I want to be sure files wont get deleted when they haven't been uploaded to the remote even if more than 5 mins have passed and even if I unmount the remote and then mount it again as I've noticed that when mounting the remote the cache gets purged.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.