Errors when opening some files in Windows

I'm having some issues to open some files in Windows in a mount through a cached Google Drive remote. Some examples of these files are Office documents (originals, not those converted to the Google format) and mounting an .iso using Windows Explorer. Photos, transfers and most of the file operation play nicely in Windows, but some others don't.

Also, although I'm using cache, I'm getting these errors repeteadly while opening Word documents:

File.docx: WriteFileHandle: Can't open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
File.docx: WriteFileHandle: ReadAt: Can't read and write to file without --vfs-cache-mode >= minimal
File.docx: WriteFileHandle: ReadAt: Can't read and write to file without --vfs-cache-mode >= minimal

You need to add that to you mount command if you need that operation with your files.

But that's redundant while using the cache remote afaik. Am I wrong?

Yes, you need to use that as it is not redundant.

Somehow unrelated, but I want to make sure. --buffer-size should be set to 0 while using cache, right?

Yep as the cache backend does its own thing with memory.

I've been testing with the vfs-cache-mode writes and so far so good with Office documents and all the quirks I've been experiencing since I started using rclone in Windows as well. However, I'm still no able to run .exe files in my remote. I get this error:

Sin%20t%C3%ADtulo

Windows doesn't have access to the device, path, or the specified file. You might not have the appropiate permissions for accessing this element.

Nothing strange appears in the logs, it starts reading and then the reading is closed suddenly. I'm not able to change the permissions using --umask, the flag doesn't exist.

I'm not sure running binaries is supported.. I think the files system needs to support some things it doesn't.

I'm not 100% sure though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.