Error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded

If I use -vv with almost any operation on Google Drive, I get hundreds of these errors.

Can anything be done? Can I slow down rclone’s API requests to Google somehow?

This is even with a simple size operation, no copying/moving/etc.

DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded, userRateLimitExceeded)
DEBUG : pacer: Resetting sleep to minimum 10ms on success
DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, sleeping for 1.183515637s (1 consecutive low level retries)
DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded, userRateLimitExceeded)
DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, sleeping for 2.821866378s (2 consecutive low level retries)
DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 2/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded, userRateLimitExceeded)

That is a normal feature of using google drive. That is google drive saying slow down and rclone obeying.

Ah, I see. OK then. I thought it might be messing up my results.

Thanks!

You may have better luck with your own API. Also try to get that increased by request to Google. I get far better performance with my own and I’ve gotten Google to increase the per user limit.

What did you give as your ‘reason’ for needing more queries?

I was honest in that I explained that I use it to backup my data and I often hit my per user limits and asked that my per user limits get increased to my Global limit.

2 Likes