Error: didn't find section in config file

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm getting an error when I try to copy a local file to Box.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.52.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

macOS Catalina

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Box

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy source:/Users/marleneberke/Documents/03_Yale/Projects/001_Mask_RCNN/Simulated_data_and_analysis/May/5.26Version/Merge_them/test.txt dest:YaleBoxTest/Test

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

rclone config
Current remotes:

Name                 Type
====                 ====
YaleBoxTest          box

A log from the command with the -vv flag

rclone copy source:/Users/marleneberke/Documents/03_Yale/Projects/001_Mask_RCNN/Simulated_data_and_analysis/May/5.26Version/Merge_them/test.txt dest:YaleBoxTest/Test -vv                                          
2020/05/29 21:41:18 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.52.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "copy" "source:/Users/marleneberke/Documents/03_Yale/Projects/001_Mask_RCNN/Simulated_data_and_analysis/May/5.26Version/Merge_them/test.txt" "dest:YaleBoxTest/Test" "-vv"]
2020/05/29 21:41:18 DEBUG : Using config file from "/Users/marleneberke/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2020/05/29 21:41:18 Failed to create file system for "source:/Users/marleneberke/Documents/03_Yale/Projects/001_Mask_RCNN/Simulated_data_and_analysis/May/5.26Version/Merge_them/test.txt": didn't find section in config file
rclone copy /Users/marleneberke/Documents/03_Yale/Projects/001_Mask_RCNN/Simulated_data_and_analysis/May/5.26Version/Merge_them/test.txt YaleBoxTest:YaleBoxTest/Test -vv                                          
1 Like

Thank you for such a fast reply! It worked! I misunderstood the documentation for rclone copy. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.